Better Because of Illinois
- “Since graduating, I have been a co-founder of two tech startups. I understand that training people for the corporate world might be the goal of T&M, but the coursework and other activities definitely benefit entrepreneurs too. T&M helped me learn some of the basics of business that are not part of an engineering curriculum but add value towards any entrepreneurial endeavor.” — Nikhil Pandit, Class X
The Integrated Project Course is the capstone of the T&M curriculum. It is taken in the spring semester of the second year. Projects are provided by corporate affiliates. They deal with real problems of significant issue to the sponsor and typically involve engineering, finance, accounting, and marketing.
Interdisciplinary teams of six students are assigned to each project. These teams work with program faculty advisors and representatives of the sponsors to develop detailed, implementable solutions. Students are required to enter into non-disclosure agreements with their project sponsor due to the confidential and strategic nature of the projects.
Student teams typically travel to the sponsor's location to learn about the business and meet company employees with whom they will work. Students then work remotely holding frequent status meetings with their sponsors. At the end of the course, project presentations are provided by the student team to senior managers of the sponsoring company.
Capstone Project Sponsors
- Spring 2015: A-B InBev, Abbott, BP, eBay, John Deere, Motorola Solutions
- Spring 2014: Abbott, Boeing, BP, eBay, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Walmart
- Spring 2013: Abbott, Boeing, BP, Capital One, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Navistar, Walmart
- Spring 2012: Abbott, Boeing, Bosch, BP, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Walmart
- Spring 2011: Abbott, Boeing, Bosch, BP, Motorola, State Farm, Walmart
- Spring 2010: Abbott, Boeing, BP, John Deere, State Farm
- Spring 2009: Abbott, BP, Boeing, General Motors, John Deere, State Farm
- Spring 2008: Boeing, John Deere, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2007: Boeing, General Motors, John Deere, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2006: Boeing, Eaton, John Deere, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2005: ADM, Boeing, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2004: ADM, Boeing, John Deere / AGRIS, General Motors, Honeywell, State Farm
- Spring 2003: Caterpillar (2 projects), John Deere, Honeywell, Kimberly-Clark, State Farm
- Spring 2002: Caterpillar, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark (2 projects)
- Spring 2001: Caterpillar, Cummins, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola and Dr. Hank Magnuski