Better Because of Illinois
- “The in class experience is unlike that anywhere else at this university. You take specially designed courses taught by the best professors with the brightest students. Whether you come from a business or engineering background, the T&M curriculum not only gives you a background in another area, it shows you a different way of looking at problems. This unique perspective T&M students gain will be invaluable in our future careers.” — Will Setchell, Class XV
The Integrated Project Course is the capstone of the T&M curriculum. It is taken in the spring semester of the second year. Projects are provided by corporate affiliates. They deal with real problems of significant issue to the sponsor and typically involve engineering, finance, accounting, and marketing.
Interdisciplinary teams of six students are assigned to each project. These teams work with program faculty advisors and representatives of the sponsors to develop detailed, implementable solutions. Students are required to enter into non-disclosure agreements with their project sponsor due to the confidential and strategic nature of the projects.
Student teams typically travel to the sponsor's location to learn about the business and meet company employees with whom they will work. Students then work remotely holding frequent status meetings with their sponsors. At the end of the course, project presentations are provided by the student team to senior managers of the sponsoring company.
Capstone Project Sponsors
- Spring 2014: Abbott, Boeing, BP, eBay, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Walmart
- Spring 2013: Abbott, Boeing, BP, Capital One, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Navistar, Walmart
- Spring 2012: Abbott, Boeing, Bosch, BP, John Deere, Motorola Solutions, Walmart
- Spring 2011: Abbott, Boeing, Bosch, BP, Motorola, State Farm, Walmart
- Spring 2010: Abbott, Boeing, BP, John Deere, State Farm
- Spring 2009: Abbott, BP, Boeing, General Motors, John Deere, State Farm
- Spring 2008: Boeing, John Deere, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2007: Boeing, General Motors, John Deere, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2006: Boeing, Eaton, John Deere, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2005: ADM, Boeing, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola, State Farm
- Spring 2004: ADM, Boeing, John Deere / AGRIS, General Motors, Honeywell, State Farm
- Spring 2003: Caterpillar (2 projects), John Deere, Honeywell, Kimberly-Clark, State Farm
- Spring 2002: Caterpillar, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark (2 projects)
- Spring 2001: Caterpillar, Cummins, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark, Motorola and Dr. Hank Magnuski